Be a part of important student-industry research.
Students in VIU’s department of computing science are doing a study that involves evaluating developed fonts for a new kind of digital display. This display (developed by a Canadian company) will replace conventional flip charts and digital projectors commonly used in meetings and classroom. The findings of this study will help with the design of a new font that is clear and easy to read on this type of display.
Participants will be asked to be available for approximately 30-45 minutes to:
• Complete an interview and short questionnaire
• Read phrases out loud off of a digital display in a VIU meeting space.
Who can participate?
We welcome participation from students, staff, and faculty. In order to be eligible to participate you must be:
• At least 19 years of age
• Able to read common English phrases out loud off of a digital display
This research has the following potential benefits:
• Your feedback will help improve user experience with a new technology being developed by a Canadian technology innovator
• Your participation will help undergraduate students gain valuable hands-on research experience while working with industry
• February 6th to March 7th, 2018
• Email for an appointment, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings between 5:00PM - 10:00PM
• The study will be located on VIU’s Nanaimo Campus.
How to participate?
• If you are interested in being part of the study, or would like to learn more, please contact Sarah Carruthers: firstname.lastname@example.org
An hour long information session could be entered as Start Date: Nov 1, 2017 - 4pm; End Date: Nov 1, 2017 - 5pm.
Between Feb 6 and March 7 by appointment only - email for time Tuesday or Wednesday from 5 - 10 pm
Person who can be contacted with questions about the event.
Name: Sarah Carruthers